Alyssa Royse is a writer, entrepreneur, mother, friend and something of a firebrand. She does, thinks about, talks about and writes about lots of things. Pretty much anything, actually.
Random Biographical Info:
- She lives in Seattle, where she was primarily raised.
- She has a 12 year-old daughter and was married to a wonderful man for 15 years before they decided they were really better off as friends.
- She studied playwrighting and acting, which she was very good at, but only when she chose to be. She also studied anthropology, which she was very good at, always.
- She has one sister, a mother, a father, 3 step-fathers, 2 cats, 8 chickens and about 50,000 bees.
- She blogs regularly at NotSoSecret.com, which she created to help women get comfortable with their own sexuality. Her partners in that are the smart, hot ones, but she’s glad they let her play too.
- She is the co-host of Sexxx Talk Radio, with Lanae St. John, who is the co-founder of Not So Secret. Sexxx Talk Radio can be heard on the Progressive Radio Network on Wednesdays at 7:00 EST, as well as various radio stations around the country and podcasts are available for download.
- She is a fitness freak. She runs and works out barefoot. (She should say WAS, because she has a seriously broken neck now and can’t do any of those things anymore, but she’s still in denial about that.)
- She started this blog so that she would, hopefully, stop bombarding her friends with emails. She writes ALL THE TIME.
- She is a rabid crafty / cooky homestyle person. Ma Ingalls and Martha Steward aint’ got nothin’ on her made-from-scratch, homegrown, turn-lemons-into-lemonade and turn-that scrap-into-art lifestyle.
- She sleeps with earplugs, an eye-mask and a pillow over her head.
- She has long forgotten what her natural hair color is. Her eyes are hazel.
- She owns more colorful wigs than anyone you know, and loves to wear them – mostly because it means she’s probably wearing a costume and doing something very fun.
- She believes that Led Zeppelin is the best band ever in history and won’t even bother debating it because it is so obviously true.
*Since people have been asking…. No, I do not make any money on this blog, and I don’t really intend to. NotSoSecret.com and Sexxx Talk Radio will eventually be monetized, but are currently (a lot of) labors of (a lot of) love. I am passionate about my mission and believe that it will support me as I support it. If you want to “donate” to my cause, I’d love it. I live simply, and with great support from my family. But I do have a WISH LIST on amazon.com if you want to thank me with the things I love and would never indulge in myself.